Can Memory Be Improved?
Whether it is due to chronic stress, head trauma (like a concussion), or age-related changes in the brain, memory loss may cause embarrassment and anxiety. While minor memory loss is considered a normal part of aging, consistent forgetfulness can negatively impact our personal and professional lives. At worst, losing one’s memory can take an emotional toll on a person — potentially leading to feelings of isolation, loneliness, or concern about their ability to perform everyday tasks.
When this occurs, it may be reassuring to know that it is possible to protect the brain and even improve memory in many cases. (Note: If you have experienced major changes in your memory, it is a good idea to speak to your doctor about your situation.)
Improving Memory: What the Science Says
Even if you regularly struggle to remember names, dates, or other important information, research suggests that adopting certain lifestyle changes can improve cognitive function. After all, the body needs regular exercise, proper diet and nutrition, healthy sleep habits, and mental activity to function properly — so why wouldn’t the brain?
For optimum cognitive health, take steps to prevent the memory-diminishing effects of age, stress, burnout, lack of sleep, an improper diet, and low levels of certain nutrients like carnosine. Consider the following questions:
- Is physical exercise — a mix of cardio and strength training — part of your daily routine?
- Do you get a balanced diet of fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains, or do you eat more fried, high-sugar, and processed foods?
- Are you following the CDC’s recommendation to limit alcohol intake (to two drinks or less in a day for men or one drink or less in a day for women)?
- Have you found healthy ways to manage your stress and prevent burnout, such as yoga, mindfulness practice, meditation, and/or therapy?
- Do you have frequent social interactions and healthy relationships with friends and family?
- If you suffer from chronic conditions related to your physical or mental health, are you working with a professional to manage them?
- Do you get between seven and eight hours of uninterrupted sleep a night?
- Do you take supplements if you’re not getting adequate quantities of brain-protecting nutrients in your diet (i.e. omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B, C, D, and E, calcium, iron, and amino acids like beta-alanine)?
- Do you prioritize mental activity, such as practicing a musical instrument, learning a language, and doing simple brain exercises?
If there are areas where you can make improvements, even small changes are a good start to enhance your memory.
The Link Between Beta-Alanine and Brain Health
While it is important to adopt a lifestyle that is conducive to cognitive health, there is a brain supplement that can help take your brain health further: beta-alanine. When beta-alanine and histidine come together in the brain, these amino acids form carnosine, a powerful antioxidant that helps improve attention, concentration, and task focus in adults. In several studies, ingesting beta-alanine was even shown to increase neurotrophins in the brain’s hippocampus, an area responsible for memory.
However, not all beta-alanine is equal. Look for a brand of beta-alanine that guarantees the quality, purity, and efficacy of its ingredients. Perfect Synergy® contains the only patented sustained release beta-alanine that has successfully obtained New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) status from the FDA and has achieved self-affirmed Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status. It is also vegan, gluten-free, 100 percent non-GMO, and free of major allergens.
Perfect Synergy® is formulated based on the science of over 55 clinical studies — scientific backing that supports its clinically proven brain benefits:
- Improves executive functioning, mental clarity, and enhances cognitive process
- Reduces mental fatigue
- Supports brain health, cognitive function, and memory
- Improved attention and task focus in adults
- Helps boost mental clarity, concentration, and alertness
Thanks to advancements in science and the innovation that led to the development of Perfect Synergy®, improving one’s memory is an attainable goal. By making lifestyle changes that include adding this key supplement to your daily regimen, it is possible to remain mentally sharp well into old age, and Perfect Synergy® can help get you there effectively.